Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Barclays PGA Tournament Post #1 – Picks & Lineups



After a rough week last week, we’re back in action boys & girls for the PGA “playoffs” [insert Jim Mora’s voice here].  This week we’re traveling out to the Plainfield Country Club in Edison, New Jersey.  This course is a par 72 with 4 par 3s and 4 par 5s. 


Note – all salaries are from DraftKings – if you don’t have an account and want to play against me, sign up here


My Favorites
·         Jordan Spieth ($12,600) – I think everyone loves Spieth here, he had a week off last week after finishing 2nd at the PGA Championships.  Vegas has him as a favorite and so do I.
·         Jason Day ($11,500) – Jason Day projects out to score 101.9 fantasy points this weekend.  He’s the 2nd highest scorer in my model and after winning the PGA Championships in his last outing, he should be in your lineup too.  The only reservation I have with Day is what percentage of the field picks him up.
·         Bubba Watson ($9,900) – Bubba has the 5th highest cost and projects out to the 3rd highest fantasy points this weekend (96.5 fpts).  He’s a solid value pick this weekend so get him in your lineup.
·         Justin Thomas ($7,700) – Thomas is my favorite pick this weekend.  Moderately priced and projects out to score the 10th highest points in the tournament.  He’s my Brooks Koepka for this weekend.
·         Brendan Steele ($7,100) – I was asked about Brendan Steele on Twitter (I’m @rkalwaro if you want to ask me questions or be up to date on articles on here https://twitter.com/rkalwaro) versus Lee Westwood.  I really like Brendan Steele this weekend.  He has the 24th highest projected score and the 34th highest price.  Definitely a good value pick for your lineups.
My Dislikes
·         Jim Furyk ($8,800) – There’s not a lot to like about Jim Furyk this week.  He’s expensive, he’s not projecting well even including his big finishes at Bridgestone & the Canadian Open.  I’m staying away from him at the Barclays and so should you.
·         Charl Schwartzel ($8,200) – Charl is the 2nd most expensive guy I have that projects to make the cut this weekend.  He’s below average on eagles, par 3 birdie or better and par 5 birdie or better but somehow is higher priced than Justin Thomas?  That’s crazy.

Unknowns
·         Rickie Fowler ($9,800) – Vegas likes Mr. Fowler this weekend (he’s the 5th highest favorite on Paddy Power) but I don’t.  My projections have him significantly more expensive than his relatively priced counterparts.  He’s a conundrum to me and a streaky player so he might be a good sweat for your weekend.
·         Hideki Matsuyama ($8,500) – I liked Hideki a lot in the previous tournaments and he missed the cut last week, pulling my lineup into the gutter.  He still projects decently and may rebound this weekend.  I’m not sure about him but if you’re looking for a low-held gamble, he’s your guy.
My Lineup
I’m putting in this lineup into the $3 tournament on DraftKings:
·         Jason Day
·         Bubba Watson
·         Brooks Koepka
·         Pat Perez
·         Shawn Stefani
·         Jason Kokrak
Stay tuned tomorrow for full projections!  Feel free to tweet me any questions.  Good luck and ABI,

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment